Monday, December 14, 2009

Avalon rattling noise

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f49/rattle-roof-cold-days-15597/index2.html

the manager showed me yesterday after they took the top off - showed me each side as where the glass slides in (I'm sorry I'm not sure how to explain it) and pressed against it and the rattle stopped - So.. maybe.. just maybe. I will post and let you know more info if it works.

"My 2007 Camry Hybrid roof rattles. The dealer has tried to numerous remedies like tightening anything that can be tightened and placing insulation in the roof area. Nothing works. The rattle comes from the front area of the roof just above the sun visor. If I put pressure on this area when it rattles it stops. Anyone have a similar issue?"But I when I opened the sun roof (slid open) and close it, it has not come back. Maybe it wasn't closed all the way. It was odd because it took a year for this noise to start.

Oh as I was trying to explain with the lining was out - the sides (if the glass was in) there's a metal strip on each side - the driver side is the one they pressed up on and it stopped. If that makes any sence.

I have this exact issue. I get a rattle on the passenger side and light pressure near the sun visor stops it.

Just thought I would post a followup. I just picked up my Camry Hybrid from the dealership and the clunking noise has gone. The tech applied felt in both corners of moonroof structures as per TSB 0089-08, T1-91, T2-57. I hope this will be of some use to anyone else that runs in to the same problem with the 2008 Camry.

I took my Camry in to the dealership when it was still under warranty and the service advisor told me that it is a well known problem, The tech applied felt in both corners of moonroof structures as per TSB 0089-08, T1-91, T2-57. Your service center can probably do the same but since it is not under warranty you will be charged.

bmgoodman — The dash rattle (more of a clicking noise to my ears) has been reported on before in this forum, and a solution was found (I don't recall who it was, but do a search). The solution was to insert a strip of foam rubber into the narrow slot between the windshield and the dash in the areas between the tweeter grilles. I have also experienced this noise myself when the weather is cold (but not too cold!). At the moment I have experimentally inserted some pieces of corrugated cardboard into this slot, and found that they do completely eliminate the noise. I'll be replacing the cardboard with foam rubber when the weather gets warmer.

I too have this Clack / Clicking noise and my dealer told me this is caused by the metal clips used at the base of the windshield under the dash. There is a TSB he showed me that involves removing the entire dash to replace the original (all metal) clips with ones coated with rubber or something. He also stated he has done more than 5o cars as this applies to all Camry 2007 versions not just the TCH.

I went to Menards and bought some grey foam weatherstripping that is approximately 1" x 1", and inserted it in the gap between the grey dash and the windshield. I used a paint stirring stick to push it down in there.You can't see the material in there unless you look closely, and it has permanently solved the problem

Spiff, the weatherstripping I got was very basic with no backing or adhesive. It basically was like a 4' long piece of square grey foam rubber. I can't remember the exact dimensions but it came rolled up and was maybe 1" x 1". It compressed nicely into the gap between the dash and the windshield when I worked it in with the paint stirring stick. I used the whole piece and it covered probably 80% of the gap with maybe 2-3" short on each side.The nice thing is that the grey color makes it very difficult to see as it blends with the grey dash.

No comments:

Post a Comment