Saturday, December 5, 2009

camry dash noises

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2980267


Page 20 of the Instrument Panel manual Step 7.

The manual can be located at:
http://www.camrystuff.com/index.php?page=Gen6_Manuals

I have a newly purchased certified 07 and I thought the "comprehensive 3 month warranty" might cover this. It doesn't and the dealer quoted me $500-600 to fix the clips. The clips called out in the TSB are about $10. I'm thinking of biting this off myself, but they talk about using some "EPT foam" on various bits too as well as felt. I'm not sure what kind of foam I could lay my hands to do the job myself.

so does it have to be cold to have dash board rattles?because im in the N.O. and my dash rattles/creaks all the time and it sure is not cold here...and im definitly out of warrenty...about how much would the tsb cost me?any ideas? thanks guys

For my 07 the nosies only surfaced when the temperature was below 30 degrees F. Once the interior warmed up the nosies went away. The TSB when I had it done called for 6-1/2 hours of labor. I understand it's a bit less now, but figure the dealer labor charge in your area (probably about $100 an hour) to get an estimate of the cost.

For me, tt rattled also when it was warm. I've just removed ALL ratles by simply pushing some self-adhesive felt ( bought in furniture shop) between dashboard and windscreen. I am shocked that the operation that took 5 mins removed the rattle noises completely

I have a very "common" problem of dashboard rattle sound in my 07 V6 camry. I know a TSB NV008-07 is out there to address the problem but Just wondering someone in Toronto or Mississauga got it fixed by applying the TSB?

I then took it to Whitby Toyota and they had it for half a day to install the 'noise kit'. It helped a great deal but it's still not perfect, again especially in cold weather. In the summer it's as quiet as a mouse.

Just looked at my invoice from the Canadian dealer - it doesn't actually reference a TSB. The invoice has an "FP Number" of 08231-00801-WA with a description of "Noise Kit". The 'Correction' states "R&R Dash to insulate".

I had mine done last Thursday. It's quite as a mouse now. On the ticket they reference the TSB and two noise kits: wind noise kit and noise kit.

I dropped my car off the night before. That way it sat all night and got good and cold. They tried immediatley in the morning and the dash made all kinds of noise. They applied the TSB and no more rattles. It's been a couple of weeks now and everything is still silent.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180105

    TSB 2007 Camry Listing with PDFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an FYI. While at my local Toyota dealer yesterday to check on something with the parts department, I stopped and asked one of the service writters if there was a TSB out on the 07 Camry dash rattles in cold weather. He said he had not heard of anything, but took a look in his computer. He said one just came out on July 24th. It's TSB NV008-07. It was able to take a quick look at it and jot down the TSB number, but not get a copy of it. It calls for the removal of the upper dash and the installation of thicker felt on the 5 clips that hold the dash pad in and also the addition of some foam to the defroster ducts, speaker grills and some other areas I don't remember. It was 10 pages long. It was rated at 4-1/2 hours labor for the tech, so it's probably not possible to wait while it's being done.

    ReplyDelete